Monday, October 10, 2011

Yassin

It has been an immense comfort for me to know that when I pray and offer optional acts of worship for my father, they will benefit his soul. Virtually every day since his death, I have recited on his behalf a chapter in the Quran known as Yasin and others as well, realising its importance. 

Yasin carries crucial messages about resurrection and life after death and was described by Prophet Muhammad as the heart of the Quran.

I realised I could not delay his soul’s return to its Creator even if I wanted to do it for my own sake. But one I realise, what I do for my father now far exceeds anything I did for him during his life. Recognising this has not only informed my faith, it has drawn me closer to both of my parents.

it's past a year but I still felt like yesterday talking to my mom and cying like a cry baby once I realized I wasn't going to met him any longer. IMY ayah, and I miss shaking and kiss a man rough hands which I can never feel again. 


"When a man dies, his good deeds come to an end except three: ongoing charity, beneficial knowledge and righteous offspring who will pray for him”. (Sahih Muslim)



2 comments:

  1. 3 benda yg takkan putus walaupon kembali ke rahmatullah..
    1)ilmu yang bermanfaat
    2)sedekah jariah
    3)doa anak2x yang soleh dan solehah..
    insyaAllah..

    ReplyDelete